17. Oktober 2014

Ayumi Hamasaki regrets quitting high school and calls herself a tomboy - Radio Interview from Singapore

Hey my Dears

Since yesterday Ayumi Hamasaki and other stars from Japan are landed in Singapore for the first a-nation.
Today she held a Radio Interview with m-flo.

Ayumi Hamasaki, one of J-pop’s biggest stars, held a press conference today (October 17) at Marina Bay Sand’s The MasterCard Theatres together with label-mates m-flo for the ‘a-nation singapore’ concert.

The trio is expected to perform at the summer music showcase along with other Japanese artistes, GENERATIONS, Sonar Pocket, Wagakki and Taiwan’s Aaron Yan tomorrow night (October 18). Speaking about the concert, Ayumi said she will be performing songs from her new album Colors as well as popular hits from her extensive discography.

“I am so glad to be here. Actually this is not the first time [I am in Singapore], [I was here] 12 years ago. A lot of places have changed and I am really enjoying this stay. I hope that everyone will enjoy [my performance], whether they are my fans or not. I hope they will make great memories of a-nation,” she stated.

Colors did not do as well as anticipated on the Japan’s music charts, but the 36-year-old remains positive about her career when she was asked if she had ever considered leaving the industry. “If I really wanted to quit, I think I would have done it. That is my character. But I am still here and that means I cannot picture a life without music.”

Just like Ayumi, m-flo expressed that they continue to feel passionate about the music they create despite the pressure they faced. “I think it is fair to say that we have been doing this for a long time. We are always trying to evolve and we started music because we like doing music. We love to perform. There is pressure [from] what fans and the music industry expect. If you are in the industry for a long time and you really want to continue, the most important thing is just believe in what we want to do and keep on doing it. Evolving to me means loving music the same way as we [did in] high school.”

The pair takes inspiration from their DJ gigs and surprisingly, Verbal’s sartorial style. “We DJ a lot. We go around the world and play all types of music to see how people react. I think that gives us a good feedback and you can hear it in our music. I think when we started we did not want to look like the run-of-the-mill hip-hop group. We definitely wanted to break out of the mould. We are always striving to be witty with the name and the design [of the album jacket]. Verbal has always very eccentric. Now he looks normal to me, but there are times when I see him going crazy but I get used to it (laughs). He puts that essence into the [album] jacket too I think,” Taku quipped.

Verbal also shared his first impression of Taku when they first met in elementary school. “I have known Taku since fifth grade of elementary school. He came into the school that I was in and [I have] this vivid memory of him saying, ‘Hey I got this video camera, we are going to make this movie, so Verbal, can you be in my movie?’He definitely made an impression when he came into our school (laughs).”

While Verbal was described as ‘talkative’ by his partner, Ayumi shared that she was less feminine than others would think when she was a student. “I was not a girly girl. I was a tomboy and I kind of like being alone, which [makes me] a strange kid (laughs).” She also admitted that quitting high school is one of the biggest regrets of her life and advised student to “just enjoy and not give up.”

Quizzed if she had thought of holding a solo concert in Singapore, Ayumi smiled and answered, “Of course, I would love to. I hope we can make it happen.” She added that she will be releasing a winter ballad in December and a three-day countdown live concert. “It will be fantastic. [As for plans] after that, we will see.”



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen